Tuesday, November 18, 2008

random thought - black outs

When I was a kid (i think in middle school maybe a bit younger) I was playing with a friend after school in the snow at Munchkin Park.

From the tire swing that made me too dizzy, to the water fountain that never worked, Munchkin Park is a huge part of many young stonehamites' lives. I'm really not sure if that is its official name or if its a name that has developed over time. I reckon it to be a lot like bandaids, post-its or Canada. It might be the fact that its a municipal park? Or maybe because around the park is municipal parking, but I digress.

We were waiting for my friend's mom to come and pick him up and I was going to walk home, since I lived so close to the park. We were running around and playing and then his mom shows up. We began walking towards her car and walked past the bench area that happened to be a rather icy. It was there where I slipped, my body went nearly horizontal and fell and bumped my head.

Now this next part I remember it very distinctly. I blacked out. When I came too I thought I had been black out for probably like 15-20 minutes. After I sat up off the ground, my friend's mom came over and asked if I was ok. I was surprised not only that she would have stayed for 15-2o minutes, but that she would have left me lying unconscious for that long. How dare she. Soon after, I realized I was actually only out for 15-20 seconds, but it felt like a long time!

sidenote: blacking out is such an odd way to alert you that something went wrong. you won't get that message until you're awake. what if peter parker's spider sense worked like that.
"spider sense is tingling, i'm getting my face smashed in."
or
"spider sense is tingling! this chicken needed to be cooked longer!"
ineffective at best ... i wonder if his spider sense was able to tell him like really practical things ... like
"spider sense is tingling, you left the stove on"
Or
"spider sense is tingling, your mom is about to walk in on you pooping."

now that'd put the super in superhero

anyway, that should explain a lot.

love,

calvin

No comments: