Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Say it!

This morning, I decided to challenge myself and see if I could get Calvin to say the word "bean", without me explicitly telling him. Here are the results:
[My thoughts.]

me: hey
calvin: sup man?
[Maybe he likes beans in his burrito, we'll start with that.]
me: what do you like in your burritos?
calvin: ummm
calvin: i like rice
[beans..]
calvin: guac
[beans..]
calvin: onions
[and beans..]
calvin: peppers
[come on, just say beans..]
calvin: corn
[beeeanns..]
calvin: pico de gallo
[is that mexican for beans?]
me: what's pico de gallo
calvin: its like the salsa
[dang it!]
calvin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pico_de_gallo
[ohh, wiki, I'll check it later..]
[he didn't name any proteins, maybe this will work]
me: any particular proteins?
calvin: umm i like carnitas, or steak
calvin: i dont mind chicken but my pref is those two
[okay this isn't working, new strategy, Mr. Bean]
me: do you have a favorite rowan atkinson movie?
[don't say Johnny English, don't say Johnny English..]
calvin: ummm not really
calvin: i've only seen rat race.
[oh yeah, forgot he was in that movie.]
calvin: and id hardly say its my favorite
[ok, he must know the TV show..]
me: what about a tv show
calvin: mr bean
[victory!]


4 minutes, new record.

6 comments:

mikey said...

I lol'd haha... gotta stop reading them at work so people don't think I'm crazy...

c said...

technically the TV show question was big time leading, since he was only really in one TV show.

but good work. next time it will take much longer to get me to say whatever it is you will try to get me to say.

Jessica said...

this is quite possibly my favorite jared post to date.

clever.

Jeff said...

quick fact - he was the voice of zazu in lion king.

Jeremy Young said...

whoa he was? nice!

Jared said...

rowan atkinson was also a big hit in the TV series, Black Adder.