Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the superest market

We've all been in this situation. You are in need of some groceries and but you don't want to go to multiple stores. on your list is bitter melon, ham hocks, meat ends, cap'n crunch, and organic toothpaste. oh and you're tight on cash so you can't spend an arm and a leg. Sounds like you right? But where can you go that has ethnic foods, rare cuts of meat, sugary cereal, and organic health care products? pssssssh shut upppp that's easy! three words:

Market.
Basket.
Dude.

have you guys ever been to market basket? it's the best. hands down it is the best. Sure I could go to a chinatown supermarket to get my chinese veggies, and i could get some rare cuts of meat too, but cereal? unlikely. and if its there ... check the expiration date on that box. no disrespect, but I can't trust it. And forget about getting any Tom's there. Maybe Tim's Orfanic. I love my people, but we do not love organic.

I could go to a regular shaw's type supermarket to get my toothpaste and cereal, maybe some overpriced bok choy, occasionally some ox tail if you know a butcher who can hook you up, but you're going to pay a premium for it. and forget about getting neck bones! plus nothing is more frustrating than showing up ready to buy some "fu guah" and you settle with cucumbers and some lemon juice. I know you've been there.

for this reason, market basket is the best. I can get bok choy. i can get peanut butter cup cereal 2 for $4! I can get bologna meat ends to make fried bologna sandwiches, $0.99 per pound! (the deals are bubblin' like the meat!) I can get canned soup 5 for $5! I can get ham hocks to make greens! You want table talk pies? 10 for $10! gallon of salsa? $2.99. Best of all, the crazy crowds are free! It doesn't matter what day or time, that place is ALWAYS packed! And best of all, I can everything on my list and have money left over to spend on the $0.50 toys outside of the store for the kids that I don't even have! THAT'S A SAVINGS!

So thank you, market basket, for being so awesome!

5 comments:

mikey said...

and here's the address to the best market basket everrrrrrr

170 Everett Ave
Chelsea, MA 02150

it's like a costco without the cost.... of membership

Jared said...

i love ox tail

c said...

We should approach them for sponsorship.

Jessica said...

You can get fu guah @ Market Basket?

m said...

the chelsea market basket is amazing! just went there for the first time tonight. ^^