Friday, January 28, 2011

Less than 35% funny

"Hey honey, what do you want to do for dinner tonight?"
"I'm in the mood for something light, let's go to Taco Bell."
Only in a bizzaro world, where people wear their shoes on their hands and hamburgers eat people would such a conversation occur. That's because people don't go to Taco Bell looking for a healthy meal. No one shows up to the drive-thru and asks if they can upgrade to grass-fed organic beef or pesticide-free tomatoes. Yet a woman in California has filed a class-action lawsuit against Taco Bell, claiming that their "beef" is less than 35% beef. Umm... duh!

The people who consume at Taco Bell know what they're getting themselves into, namely diarrhea. (For full disclosure, Calvin ate two chalupas and a hard shell taco the day before the news broke.) Perhaps this woman knows too, since she claims she is not seeking money or damages but instead just wants real beef in her food. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love real beef in my XXL Chalupa! But it'd ruin the cheap, late night snackage that I desire. I mean where else can I get an exotic, Latin-American meal at 2 am with less than five bucks in my wallet? Good morning, fourth meal!

Wait a minute...A woman from California... is filing suit. She wants no money...so, she must have some...I can't believe it. I know who's behind this whole scheme to ruin Taco Bell. All the signs were there. I should've known all along. We see you...

2 comments:

mikey said...

I blame the government... if the USDA standard isn't so LOW, maybe restaurants would have to put in more real meat! The standard to label something as "beef filling" is only 40%.....

good job USDA, not even half of it is meat!

Jared said...

PETA is probably 35% happy.