Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Band-aid

I cut my left thumb the other day, so I made the logical decision of putting a band-aid over it. At first, I didn't think it would have made any difference on my day, but by sundown, the day-long implications were finally realized.

Contacts
Taking out your contacts without your thumb is really hard. I suppose I could have used my other hand, but at the time I didn't think of that. I used my index and middle finger to pull it out. Not easy at all.

Sandwich
It feels really gross to eat a sandwich with a band-aid on. Imagine if the chef making your food had a band-aid on and it was constantly making contact with your food. Yes, that's what it felt like...every bite I took.

Cell Phone
My new phone is a touchscreen. Band-aids make touch screens do things that you never thought were possible. It widens the surface area of my touch, forcing me to press 5 buttons at the same time with one thumb. Now I know what it is like for Andre the Giant to use a iPod Nano.

Moral of the story: Don't cut your thumb.

---------

We've resorted to writing about bandaids...please comment on your blog with better ideas!

4 comments:

mikey said...

did you really use band-aids? or adhesive bandages?

I enjoy calling people out on that. If you're not using kleenex, I'm gonna call you out on facial tissues!

what are your thoughts on that FHS?

Jeff said...

akaka has LOL potential.
stuff chinese people like is always lol material.
and what's FHS?

c said...

fhs is for humors sake, my... whats' the word... oh yea, friend. this writers' block is killing me.

mikey said...

what's FHS??

and you call yourself a fan.. this is why you will never win reader of the year!