Monday, February 28, 2011

Trade Deadline

Because of our blog writing drought, Calvin has demanded to be traded from FHS to somewhere else. It's been tough to consider this request because we have blog writing history and we're pretty much joined at the keyboard hips (they don't lie and i'm starting to feel it's right). But after careful thought, I decided that it would be best to trade Calvin now, while he still has value, instead of letting him go for free when his contract expires (although you could argue that his value is at its lowest ever because of writer's block.)

I considered many different offers.

The first offer was from Oklahoma City for Kendrick Perkins straight up. I thought long and hard about this since they are equal in literary skill, but his recent knee problems and a tip from Danny Ainge made me pass one this one too.

The second offer was from the local McDonalds for a year supply of McNuggets and a first-round draft pick for 2013, which was tempting until I realized all the nuggets had been sitting under the heat lamp all night.

The final offer I got was from the Sacramento Kings for cash considerations and after a heated negotiation I was able to get exactly what I wanted, a 5 dollar bill to use for lunch tomorrow. The cafe at my work only takes cash and they are having chicken noodle soup tomorrow and I don't feel like going to the bank.

So farewell, Calvin. Tell Marquis Daniels I say get well soon.

1 comment:

mikey said...

I hear the kings are gonna work out a buyout agreement with Calvin. Maybe you can get him back... just make sure you offer him a hat without a pom pom!