Monday, June 20, 2011

Asian hockey players


























I figured out why there are so few asian hockey players in the NHL - playoff beards.
In case you are not familiar with hockey, it is a tradition in the NHL that when your team enters the playoff, you stop shaving until you win it all or eliminated.

It's a known fact that most asians can't grow facial hair, see: example 1, and example 2
How embarrassing would it be if you were a hockey player and you can't grow any facial hair...
Look at the Bruins picture, what jumps out at you? it's not that shiny Lord Stanley's Cup... or that Andrew Ference is not looking at the camera... no! What jumps out is that our backup goalie Tuuka Rask (right side of the picture) does not have any facial hair!

That, my friends, is why most asians can't play in the NHL; well I guess I could but I can't skate backwards... or forward.

6 comments:

Jared said...

i am way too patchy.

mikey said...

who needs photoshop... I can do it all with just MS paint, y'all just wait!

c said...

... so THAT'S why I never made the bruins.

Jared said...

calvin, i'm pretty sure you didn't make the team cause your salary demands were way too high.

Jeremy Young said...

you've been itching to post something like that for the longest time, haven't you? haha

mikey said...

either that or it's just my beard making me itchy....