Thursday, June 23, 2011

compulsion x materialism

Superman had Kryptonite, Metal Gear Rex had the Radome, and Bruce Willis had water, but what is my weakness? A good deal. Nothing disarms me more than a bargain. And now that there are all these groupon type buying sites, I am tempted to buy even more things that I will rarely use.

10% off of $100 purchase at Kids R Us? I might lose the weight! Buy 6 tires get one free? I might need to replace all seven of my tires! 50% off a pregnant mothers' retreat? I might get pregnant!

It has been ingrained in my from years of conditioning and it feels unnatural to fight the urge to purchase.

So how do I fight it? Go outside and enjoy summer. The sun won't tempt you to buy anything...except maybe a tan and some movie tickets.

2 comments:

Jared said...

i need to spend more time watching movies instead of buying movie vouchers this summer.

lins said...

hurrah for being outside in the sun!