Monday, October 6, 2008

"do you think it is uncool to wear a helmet while snowboarding? 'humpty dumpty'"

thank you faithful blog reader for asking me a question to express my opinion.

i have a huge head. this is truth. (i think most of it is skull though. i've bumped into some pretty hard things and never really gotten hurt. but that doesnt mean i can't get hurt, i just think i have a thick skull with a ever-shrinking brain. (college + lack of reading + video games + etc))

seriously, its big. my head is like 61cm in circumference. it was always hard when friends in high school made fun of it. luckily for me, my body is very proportionate to my head.

anyway, having such a large head and wearing a helmet probably makes me look like that helmet guy (schultz?) in that daffy duck cartoon where daffy fights the hitler and the nazis. or dark helmet from space balls.

despite this, i think that wearing a helmet is necessary to protect oneself from serious head and brain injury. I indeed have a helmet for snowboarding (and a helmet for bike riding). with that being said, I probably will not wear a helmet unless i plan on trying something that is a bit out of my comfort zone to make me feel at least a bit safer.

thanks again for your question.

blogtober continues.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As per Jared's request. could you 2 discuss about why Half & Half (Arnold Palmer Arizona drink) has Arnold Palmer on it and not...say Tiger Woods. And why is the can in black and white not Color? Why Golf and not say football or tennis? Heck why is it $.99 and not a $1...i hate getting that penny back....