Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cold and Lone-wii

As I gaze around my room, I noticed a dusty white box sitting on my dresser. It wasn't always ignored though. No, it was once a friend who'd make my laugh and smile and was the life of every party. Now it is just a box. The electrons sit idle and unmoved in the batteries. The band's broken up over lack of creative anything. The Fit has gotten fat. Friends, I am talking about my Nintendo Wii. O how I lament:

O Link! You never met the end of his journey. Zelda is still lost and evil is left undefeated. You will never experience the sweet taste of victory, just the feeling of a failed quest that you should have never embarked.

O Mii's! You will never see the light of day again. Wou were once revered and loved, groomed and managed to sort of look like actual people. Now you are nothing more than kilobytes on the memory of hard drive limbo.

O Mario! How lonely you must feel. No princesses will be saved and no races will be won. "It'sa me, Mario!" you exclaims to deaf ears. We know who you are, Mario, we know but we can hear the desperate plea for attention in your voice. But alas, no one will save you from your great white dungeon.

Indeed friends, this is a sad time for the Wii. The once slam-dunk champion of the video game world has now become Harold Miner. The hype is dead and it has now been eclipsed by systems with features like HD graphics and games with actual plots.

I feel guilty leaving my friend cold and lonely unused and unloved. It was good to me. It comforted me when I was in need. It's flickering glow helped my fall asleep at night. But times change and game consoles don't.

Sometimes it makes me sad, though... my Wii being unused. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to fly. Their feathers are just too dull. And when they are caged, the part of you that knows it was a sin to love them so much does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're not a Playstation 3. I guess I just miss my friend. And by my friend I mean, having fun with video games.

2 comments:

jchiu said...

that's how i feel about my black metal prism i call a gaming desktop. all those minerals and vespene gas, unused surplus. who woulda thunk!

mikey said...

my GH drumkit is just a waste of space now... if only I have a mancave for it...