Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daylight Saving

Do you ever wonder what happens to the extra hour we lose in daylight saving? Some experts may say that we're just repaying the extra hour we took last year. Others say we are paying the hour now, so that later in the year we can regain it. I, on the other hand, believe the lost hour goes somewhere, probably somewhere nice like the Bahamas or somewhere meaningful like a high-interest savings account at Bank of America, because everyone knows time is money.

I heard a lot of complaining about daylight saving this past Sunday. "I didn't get enough sleep", "My circadian rhythm is off", "my crops won't grow", etc. I've heard them all. So I'd like to make a proposal! How about we never ever spring forward? Instead, we just fall back one hour 6 times a year for 4 years. Then we can get rid of the leap year, because no one is born on February 29th anymore these days. Some of you may complain that by following this proposal, it'll be pitch black at noon time and extremely bright at midnight during certain parts of year. My response to that is: how come you don't complain when winter is in July in Australia? Exactly. Others may complain that animals like the owls or places like Indiana will get confused because they don't follow daylight saving. Well, perhaps this proposal will finally get them to join the "cool people" bandwagon, because everyone will be doing it. If we follow my proposal, we will take a step forward--err..backward in the progress of humanity (and owl-manity).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they don't have daylight savings in china :D if it works there..... then...............

c said...

Hmmm I did not know that. Thanks for the tip. Looks like its an American Revolution waiting to happen. American Revolution 2: The Revenge.