Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SImple Plan of the Year: My Chemical Boys Like Girls at the Disco!

Last night on the Mass Pike I thought to myself:
"Am I too old for emo?"
Many times I've pondered this, reflecting on the days of my youth and songs about hating all girls and parents. I sort of miss them. The songs were so catchy, but it's hard for Dashboard lyrics, for instance, to seem relevant to my life when I'm about to be married and in grad school. I mean if someone's hair is everywhere, I'd just vacuum it up; not a big deal.

I think I've resolved that I'm just too old. Can you imagine me showing up to your party with my "Something Corporate" T-Shirt, wristbands and studded belt? I'm not sure we'd be friends nevermind invited to anymore events. How do the All-American Rejects do it? So old, yet so emo. I must lack the genetic makeup. Welcome to my life.

I guess it's best that I listen privately, hiding my love of angst and eyeliner from this cruel world. No, cruel world, you will never hear tear-filled lyrics, but if I'm wearing a pair of headphones and you see a single black tear spill out of my eye, you'll know what I'm doing.

3 comments:

Jared said...

Mikey would be all over this if he weren't such an international man of mystery

c said...

oh behave!

Anonymous said...

SoCo! So good! <3